Platform Development update
Shroomies! It’s been a while since our last update and for a good reason! We’ve been laser focused on building, and it’s time for a last recap before we release the kraken. In this update we will go over what we have been working on, what’s ready (platform status), recent tech changes, and what to expect for our upcoming launch.
- Launching on Avalanche
- Feature development status
- Gaming partnerships
- 2021 Updated Roadmap
Launch on Avalanche Confirmed
We can confirm that after careful consideration between several L1 and L2 solutions we have started the migration process of our MVP prototype to Avalanche! We are already in contact and will be coordinating with Avalanche team members during this process to make the migration to their c-chain smooth.
If you have been following our project you will know that it has been our preferred choice since day 1. We feel like the tech is mature enough, the Ethereum bridge was our last requeriment and was launched past week, so the timing is right. Back in January we were getting ready to launch the first iteration on Ethereum, but the unbearable gas fees have pushed us to launch directly on Avalanche.
The rationale for moving to Avalanche is kind of obvious: resilient distributed system, high throughput, light on resources for node operators favouring true decentralisation, PoS, sub-second finality, extremely low gas fees, and compatibility with Web3 Ethereum standards and toolset. All these factors make Avalanche the best destination for serious gaming projects targeting millions of concurrent users where speed, low cost, and reliability are paramount.
Later this year we will seek to launch a subnet with a custom vm, and have a solid foundation for accommodating any kind of growth.
Feature development status
A couple of weeks ago a video leak surfaced showcasing one of our testing domains. This was an early working prototype but much more has been developed and it’s ready for beta launch. This is a list of implemented features currently working:
- Trading (ERC20 to ERC721, and ERC20 to ERC20)
- Transaction History via the Graph (this will need to be reworked for Avalanche)
- Trading fees distribution to SHROOM/GSWAP holders
- Mint ERC721 and ERC20
- NFT file types: Image, Video, Audio, Zip/Rar, Text (for subscriptions, licenses etc)
- IPFS storage of images, items, files and metadata
- Adding New Games and token Collections: just like Uniswap anyone can create a game or collections
- NFT Royalties: creators will be able to get a custom % on each item sale
Not bad for an MVP! If you hang out in our chats you might have noticed that we are building using 0x Protocol contracts, so the foundation is quite solid and has been audited by ConsenSys Diligence.
We will formally introduce the platform and features once we finish the migration to Avalanche and some games are integrated.
Game Integrations and Partnerships
We are excited with the advances in some partnerships which will enable us to tap into thousands of games. We expect to formally announce the first collabs in the coming weeks once we start nailing down agreement details.
Our mission is to not to lure just a few blockchain games, but to unite and provide any existing game with an unprecedented financial layer with new revenue streams via NFTs and ERC20s tech. A truly neutral and distributed Metaverse which belongs equally to gamers and game devs.
As you know our initial focus will be on indie game devs, but community members are already working on ways to integrate well-known titles via 3rd party plugins. Expect some BIG surprises on this front.
Game engines integration
Our awesome community started to work on game engine integrations, we have been working on an Unreal integration kit for creators and developers and will be providing Unity ones too. We are also evaluating Godot and other open source components.
Game engine integrations will help us onboard devs faster and allow for deeper and more complex interactions.
Until integrations are ready, game devs will be able to start adding games, NFTs, NFT collections, or game licenses with royalties as NFT via UI or interacting with our contracts directly using conventional Ethereum and Web3 tools.
This is how our updated roadmap looks like for 2021.
Q1- DEX MVP Launch on high-throughput L1 (Avalanche) *
Q1-Q2 Game integrations via partners / Retroactive Rewards payouts
Q2-Q3 Game Farms
Q4 - Migration to custom subnet on Avalanche
* Best effort estimates
- The community has started to work on a much needed revamp of our landing site and we should have it ready on time before DEX launch. Communicating properly our value proposition will be critical in the months ahead.
- The transition to Avalanche is underway and we will require some days for testing and adapting some DEX components like a substitute for our subgraph which was working for Ethereum but it’s not available for Avalanche.
- In the coming days we will also start to reach out to some market making partners in our network and begin talks to potentially get listed on some CEXes.
and some closing thoughts…
We are on the verge of the great NFT cambrian explosion. NFTs are permeating the mainstream and our vision for a global, community-driven, neutral and truly distributed protocol for gaming assets is being validated by industry pioneers and thought leaders who are starting to reach consensus that an open Metaverse like the one Shroom Protocol proposes is quite likely.
Our time has come. Ready for take off.
Until next time shroomies!
Shroom Comms Team
Are you game?
We are just starting this amazing journey and we invite anyone who shares our vision and ethos to join our community of builders. Feel free to reach out for additional info through firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media channels:
- Game Devs: We will help you promote your game, bootstrap your assets, and link them to the crypto world and its vast liquidity.
- Yield Farmers: Participate in our upcoming LP program(s), helping bootstrap cool games where you will be driving governance and getting interesting token rewards.
- Developers: If you would like to work at the intersection of gaming and DeFi, come and help us build the future, we have several grants and funds lined up.
- Designers: Bring your artistic input! There is a separate token fund for design tasks. We are starting from a blank canvas without creative limits.
- Marketers & Influencers: Use your skills and influence for creating real tangible value in a battle-tested industry. Become an ambassador; share our success.